Office Furniture Buyer’s Checklist
Here are a few helpful hints to make sure you’re getting the best office furniture value for your company
- What are their quality standards?
- Can they meet your job specifications? (time-frame, budget, job size, any special requirements)
- Is there a warranty?
Take a Tour
- Visit their facility and see where the work will be done.
- Ask to see what inventory they have in stock.
- Ask to see finished products and visit a recently installed project.
- How happy are past customers with both the products and services provided?
- Would they select this vendor again?
Other Factors to Consider
- Do they use clone or Original Equipment Manufacturer’s (OEM) parts?
- How do they manage their inventory?
- Do they do the work in-house or is it out-sourced?
- Does the support staff seem professional and easy to work with?
- Is the company financially stable?
- Are they members of their industry trade association, such as the Office Furniture Recyclers ?
Follow sound business practices : Make sure all pricing, warranties, job specifications and delivery dates are in writing.