Your workstation is where you spend most of your day. It should be a reflection of you and foster creative thinking. Here are some ways to personalize your workspace:
Choose colours that inspire you!
- Colours around you can evoke different types of moods.
- Blues & greens are considered relaxing, but too much could have a negative impact on productivity.
- Colour psychologists recommend adding small accents of vibrant colours, such as red, yellow and orange to keep your energy flowing.
Select furniture that is functional, yet reflects your personality.
- Furniture doesn’t have to be boring to be comfortable.
- Today there are a number of different furniture options to choose from that are both functional and funky. Pick things that speak to you!
Dress up your walls.
- Hang up photos or pieces of art that you enjoy. It will give your office a homey feel.
Choose organizational systems that you like and would use on a day-to-day basis.
- Select organizational systems that are interactive, playful and effective. This way, you’ll enjoy being organized rather than seeing it as a chore.
- For example, a handheld scanner or label makers can make your filing process much simpler.
Don’t be afraid of fun decorations!
- Tie your office theme together with a few decorations. These can range from a plant to some magnets to stick on your filing cabinet.
There are a number of different ways to make your workstation reflect your personality, values and goals. Purchase decorations, tools and furniture for your workplace that communicate who you are as a person. You’d be surprised to learn just how comfortable and inviting a cubicle or office can become with a few simple changes in design and décor!