Office design, and everything that it encompasses, has a direct impact on worker productivity. It has been found that 3 key qualities of office design can be used to support worker productivity:
1) Comfort and Control
Comfortable and ergonomically designed office spaces help increase performance sustainability, reduce absenteeism and prevent work-related injuries.
- Adjustable desk heights
- Adjustable lighting sources
- Chair inclines
2) Visual Appeal
Having a workplace that looks appealing helps workers develop positive relationships with their co-workers and build an enriching corporate culture.
It has been found that:
- Workers list design related factors as reason to choose or stay in a job
- Employee satisfaction and productivity rise in aesthetically appealing workplaces
3) Adaptability and Flexibility
The nature of workspace design is always changing. Office design has to make the best use of space by providing office equipment that can be adapted to the task at hand.
- Design a space that can be easily adapted and changed to meet emerging trends and regulations
To Successfully Incorporate All 3 Qualities:
- Listen to your workers’ needs
- Encourage your employees to voice their opinions
- Ensure the infrastructure in place can be responsive to your design